The Termites That May Be Targeting Your Home
Termites can cause significant damage to structures, leading to costly repairs if not addressed in a timely manner. Unfortunately, there's more than one type of termite that can invade your home; and depending on the species present, they may require different treatment methods.
Here are some common types of termites found in Sebastian and surrounding areas:
- Subterranean termites: These are the most common type of termite that plagues the area and can cause a great deal of damage. They live in colonies underground and build mud tubes to gain access to wood for food.
- Drywood termites: Unlike subterranean termites, drywood varieties do not need contact with soil moisture; they nest directly inside wooden structures, often making it difficult to detect them until major damage has already been done.
- Formosan termites: Like their subterranean cousins, Formosan termites require moisture from the soil and typically enter buildings through foundation cracks. They can be particularly destructive due to their ability to set up multiple colonies within a single structure.
Whether you are currently having a pest issue or want to prevent one from starting, we will protect the home by treating both the interior and exterior.
Signs You Might Have a Termite Infestation
Termites typically do the majority of their damage without you knowing. They are known to be quiet and hidden, often making it difficult to detect their presence until serious damage has already been done. If you think an infestation may have taken hold on your property, there are a few key signs to watch out for:
- Unusual noises coming from walls or ceilings. Termites eat through wood from the inside out and can cause creaking or cracking sounds that can be heard during nighttime hours when the house is otherwise quiet.
- A swarm of flying bugs congregating near windowsills or around porch lights at night. These are usually termite swarmers, part of the insect's reproductive cycle, meaning an established colony is nearby.
- Termite droppings on the ground outside your home. Also called frass, these are produced from a mature colony that is actively feeding on wood within your structure.
- Discoloration or “spots” on wood surfaces where wings and body debris have been left behind after swarms occur.
- Mud tubes built on walls, foundations, and other areas that provide easy access to food sources like wood beams, tree stumps, and fallen branches in nearby yards. These tubes act as highways for termites to transport food back and forth between their colonies and food sources without exposing themselves to predators and sunlight.
Our Sebastian Team Knows Termite Control
At Sandpiper Pest Control, our technicians are highly experienced in eliminating termite infestations throughout Sebastian and surrounding areas. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, we have developed a comprehensive approach to ensuring that your home or business is protected from these destructive pests long-term.
From detailed WDO inspections to proven tools and techniques such as baiting, perimeter treatment, wood treatment, and more – we will work with you every step of the way to eliminate current infestations as well as prevent future ones. Our commitment is to provide top-notch service using only the best products on the market so that you can rest assured knowing your property is safe from termites.
If you are in need of termite control services, call our team at (772) 494-2290 or contact us online today to schedule a free estimate. We look forward to helping you protect your property from destructive termite infestations!
I have tried to handle my pest problems for years by treating trouble spots with the usual store bought products, but I was losing ground. I was so happy when Ryan came. He was friendly, knowledgeable and able to address all the issues around my house and yard with a tailored solution. Treatment was quick and thorough, prices were reasonable, and I was not oversold on services. When the pest problems are under control, I won’t hesitate to consider other lawn maintenance services the company offers.Jeri G.
We are a family owned and operated pest control company serving Indian River and Brevard counties since 1998. We're licensed and insured with experienced and knowledgeable technicians. Some treatments we provide include: general household pests, lawn & ornamental, termites, mosquitoes, bedbugs, fleas & ticks, and rodent removal & exclusions.9350 US Highway 1
Sebastian, FL 32976
Schedule a Free Estimate